Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Large Vintage Turkmen Red Tribal Rug
- Turkmen Afghani Rug
- Size: Large Area Rug
- Circa: 1960
- 100% Wool
- Origin: Afghanistan
- Shade: Deep Red, Black & White
- Repeating Geometric Pattern
- Size: 290cm x 205cm
- Free Shipping within Bahrain
For our international customers: simply Contact Us and we will provide you with the most cost effective shipping rates on the day
Availability: Only 1 left in stock
This deep red vintage Turkmen rug is large and originates from Afghanistan. The pattern is a tribal geometric repeating design which is synonymous with Turkmen rugs. Turkmen rugs are renowned for their use of deep colours with contrasting shades. This vintage rug is more than 60 years old and is in pristine condition, rugs from Afghanistan are extremely hard wearing. These hand knotted rugs take between 8 to 12 months to create.
Turkmen rug patterns represent various Turkmen tribes. The black and white repeating pattern works extremely well with the deep red shade. Rugs from Afghanistan are normally produced by the very talented and creative ladies of Afghanistan. This vintage large area rug is made from 100% wool and the dyes used are 100% natural (derived from pomegranates, spices & natural stones). This large area rug is 290cm x 205cm.
If you would like to view a video of this rug or any other rug, simply Contact Us and we will happily send it to you via email.
If you are located within Bahrain, we offer a “view before you buy” service, we will deliver to your home to see if it will work in your space with no obligation to purchase.
- How can you identify a real Afghani Rug? Rugs from Afghanistan predominantly use 100% wool. These rugs are handwoven, the colours are deep shades, predominately red, warm brown, maroon, ivory, navy and green. The dyes used are vegetable or flower dyes, for example the red shade is extracted from pomegranates. Afghani rugs have a repeating geometric pattern, which usually consist of stars, hexagons, tribal symbols, florals, birds or trees. Afghani Rugs, depending on the size can take from 6 to 12 months to produce.
- Are rugs from Afghanistan good quality? Rugs from Afghanistan are highly crafted with traditional patterns, these skills usually pass from mother to daughter. Rugs from Afghanistan are incredible durable and hard wearing and will retain their vibrant colours if harsh, direct sunlight is avoided.